Offered by the Centre International d’Etude Pédagogique (CIEP), the English Language Assistant Program allows native English speakers to go to France for 7 months to teach English to primary and secondary school students.
The program’s main objective is to permit language assistants to familiarize themselves with French language and civilization while bringing the authenticity of their native language and the richness of their culture to French schools and the children they educate.
- Be a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago or Barbados OR a citizen of an OECS country
- Be a native English speaker
- Have done their secondary and tertiary education in Trinidad and Tobago or Barbados
- Be between 20-35 years old
- Be currently a registered student of a tertiary education institution in Trinidad and Tobago or Barbados. Candidates need to have completed their second year of undergraduate studies or higher by the time they take up their assignment in France.
- Possess a good level in French (B1 or higher on the Common European Reference Framework for Languages).
For more information, visit https://alliancetnt.org/english-assistants-programme/
Are you a former or current assistant? Join the “Assistants de langue – Caraibe anglophone” Facebook to share your experience and useful tips with fellow assistants.